How to borrow Streaming Videos with OverDrive? For PCs.
- On your personal computer, go to the Ohio Digital Library website. (Click on the Download eBooks & audiobooks on the Clark County Public Library website) Select Sign in at the top right corner. Sign in by first selecting Clark County Public Library from the menu and then enter your library card number and password.
- Search by video title or keyword in the search bar. Select the magnifying glass to search. Limit search results to Video by the Format Class Filter on the left side of the page. For a full list of videos, select Advanced Search. Select Streaming Video from the All Formats box. Select Search at the bottom.
- Select an item’s cover image to read the description or begin the checkout process. Select the blue Borrow button to check out the video. If an item is unavailable to download, select the Place a Hold button. You will then receive an e-mail when the title becomes available to download. You’ll have 3 days to borrow the title.
- After you select Borrow, you will be directed to your Bookshelf. Select Play (Streaming Video). A new browser tab will open and the video will begin playing. Hover your mouse over the video screen. An option bar will appear under the video. Select desired changes.
How to return Streaming Videos with OverDrive? For PCs.
Streaming Videos cannot be returned early. The title will automatically return itself on its due date.
How to Borrow Streaming Videos with OverDrive? For tablets and smartphones.
Note: For Kindle Fire or Fire HD tablet users, you may not be able to play all streaming videos (like those from Starz) on your device.
- Go to your app store on your device. Enter OverDrive Media Console in the search box. Select and download the free OverDrive Media Console App. Wait for app to download, select Open when finished. Note: Tablets and smartphones must have the latest version (v3.1) of the OverDrive Media Console App to watch streaming videos.
- Optional: Sign up for an OverDrive Account. An OverDrive account allows you to keep bookmarks and reading or listening position in sync across multiple devices, as well as allowing you to save libraries and searches. Select Sign up. Enter your name and e-mail address twice and then create a password for your account. Select Sign up. If you are not interested in an OverDrive Account, select Continue.
- Within the OverDrive App, open the Home menu, and then tap Add a Library. Enter your zip code in the search box. Select any of the Clark County Public Library location from the list. Select The Ohio Digital Library, the app will redirect to the Ohio Digital Library's website to begin browsing the audiobook collection.
- On the Ohio Digital Library website, select Sign in at the top right corner. Sign in by first selecting Clark County Public Library from the menu and enter your library card number and password.
- Tap in the keyword search box, next to the magnifying glass, and type an author's name, title, keyword, subject, or other search terms to search for a video. Select the magnifying glass for search results. Limit search results to Streaming Video in the format limiter.
- Select a video. Select More to read the description or the blue Borrow button to begin the checkout process. If an item is unavailable to download, select Place a Hold button. You will then receive an e-mail when the title becomes available to download.
- After you select Borrow, you will be directed to your Bookshelf. Select the Add to App (Streaming Video) button to download book to the OverDrive Media Console app. Download time will vary.
- Open the Home menu and select Bookshelf. When the download is complete, tap the cover to start watching.
How to return a Streaming Video early? For tablets and smartphones.
- Within the OverDrive App, open the Home menu and select Bookshelf.
- Hold down on the cover until the return/delete menu appears. Select Return to return the item early. Select Delete to delete the book from the device, but this will not return the book.