How do I get the library’s eBooks on my computer? *
2. Download the free Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software & create an Adobe ID.
3. Select one or more eBooks for download (up to 10 titles at one time).
4. Check out and download your eBook(s) following the instructions and prompts on the site.
How do I get the library’s eBooks on my eReader? *
This depends on what type of eReader you have. If you have a Kindle or Kindle reading app, you will primarily use the Amazon.com website to download the eBook to you Kindle (no extra software required). If you have an Andriod-based tablet or phone, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, iPad 2, or iPod Touch, you will use the Overdrive Media Console (see the My Help! page to download this software). For all other types of eReaders, such as the Nook or Sony Reader, you will use Adobe Digital Editions (see the My Help! page to download this software).
Basic instructions fr Adobe Digital Editions:
1. Once you’ve downloaded the eBook onto your computer (see above), plug your eReader into the computer.
2. Once your eReader appears on ADE’s bookshelves, click and drag the book cover to the eReader shelf.
3. Drop the book onto the eReader’s shelf within ADE. A copy of the eBook should appear on your eRreader.
4. Unplug your eReader from the computer in order to read the eBook. NOTE: If you are using the Barnes & Noble Nook eReader, all eBooks from the Ohio eBook Project will appear on your My Documents screen.